With Valentines Day around the corner, here is a list of what foods are and are NOT good to include when making some treats for the fur babies in your life…
Raw or Un-Salted Peanut Butter
Getting another pet in the home can be a stressful yet exciting experience. Before you make this decision, give it ALOT of thought! Is this for you or the pet? Do you feel like your dog is lonely? Some breeds are naturally docile, so maybe you are over thinking it. Most dogs sleep while you are at work even though they rush to the door when you arrive home. If you are wanting another addition to the family to train your current pet on social skills then try visiting the dog park or dog friendly areas near your home beforehand. Trial and error can never hurt. This is not only FREE, but you can take your dog away if there are any issues. It is very important to know what may trigger difficult behavior. Dont forget, doing research on different breeds can also be very key!
Around Charlotte this Labor Day Weekend, there are a few FREE activities/events to have fun at with the whole family! Including the PETS!
- U.S. National Whitewater Center: Live Bands and Fireworks shows! Sunday from 9a-10p
- 17th Annual Labor Day Parade Downtown Charlotte: 11am on Mon. Sept 5 starting at 701 North Tryon Street, and will travel through Tryon Street, past the square, turning left onto 3rd Street, and ending up at College and 3rd Street
- Matthews Alive Festival: Fri. 9/2-Mon. 9/5 Games, Prizes, Food and Fun! Admission is free!
Send your kids to school with these fashionable supplies that are sure to spark conversation and have them meeting new pals!
3D Animal Pattern Backpack – efunlive.com
Pre-K Backpacks – Target.com
Memorex Animal USB – Quill.com
Chalkboard Safari Animal Pencil Case – OrientalTrading.com
Here are some varieties of some great vests for your pets during this Summer’s family trips!
KONG AquaPro Dog Floatation Vest
- Around $50
- 5 Sizes available
- Leash attachment for out of water use
Pawz Pet Nylon Flag Dog Life Jacket
- Around $30
- Reflective Strips for visibility
- Various Sizes available
Outward Hound PupSaver Ripstop Dog Life Jacket
- Around $20
- Various Sizes
- Front float to keep head above water
Carabiner – If you always have one of these on your dogs leash, it will be easy to quickly tie him up anywhere…For a bathroom break, or to run into a grocery store or just to take a break from this unbearable heat in some shade!
Tennis Balls – Alot of the time, when you have a bigger breed dog not only do they already have a big appetite, but it grows even more with exercise and playing. To avoid eating their food in a matter of seconds, place a tennis ball (or another appropriately sized ball) in their food bowl. They will be forced to take their time, and work around the ball to get to their meal.
Laundry Basket – Make a easy on-the-go Dog Carseat, with a few pillows and a blanket draped over it to keep your pet secure in the backseat but still comfortable.
Chalk – Use this to draw a line around the food and water bowls, to avoid Ants being eaten. Ants will not cross this line, because it interferes with their ability to follow the scent.
This is the perfect time of year to enjoy lots of outdoor activities with your pets! Hiking is a great bonding exercise that keeps Pets and Owners happy and healthy. Here are a few reminders to keep it enjoyable…
- LOTS of water! Hydration is very important, especially as the climate changes and the air becomes dryer.
- Poop Bags – Let’s keep Mother Earth clean! (It’s also nice to think about any other people out enjoying a hike with their pets as well.)
- Collapsible Water Bowls – These are compact and stylish and are perfect for on the go! Not to mention affordable and washable.
- Body Harness Leashes – Neck collars may not be the best way to go, Pets are excited with wide open spaces but you need to be in control at all times.
- PLAN your trip ahead of time – This way there are no unexpected surprises…or visitors =)
Paws are a sensitive area for any pet, and it’s crucial to maintain them. We looked into some great products that can help with this!
Four Paws Paw Guard with Lanolin – About $20, Good for any weather
Paw Savers Disposable Pads – Up to $20, Good for any weather and are available in different sizes
Mushers Secret – Around $30, Natural Wax for any weather