The owners of Pet Sitters of Charlotte are Phil & Lisa Koch. The Koch’s live with their three boys, Alex, Max, and Jack in South Charlotte. They also are parents to Cody, a Black Labrador and Jessie, a Golden Retriever. Both Phil and Lisa have been animal lovers their whole lives having grown up with both dogs and cats. They understand how important it is for you to be involved with meeting the right person, so feel free to call in and request a complimentary Meet-N-Greet with any of the sitters on staff.
“We believe that our pets, and your pets, are a part of our family. All of our pets have their own emotions and personalities as do children. The difference is – these children never grow up!”
In addition to Pet Sitters of Charlotte, the Koch’s own Carolina Nannies and Sitters and ComForcare Home Care which has won numerous local and national awards. Some of these awards include the following:
- The first ever prestigious “Silver Torch Award” by the local Charlotte BBB Foundation or ” … outstanding service excellence within the older adult community”.
- They were also the first ever recipient of the “Silver Shield” by Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer (SC) citing “… exemplary commitment to senior citizens … “.
- And in 2011 they were notified their company became one of only five National Finalists for the coveted “Silver Crown” award by Dorland Health.
- Their Home Health Care company enjoys a local BBB rating of A+
- Phil Koch, Pres/Owner, was named one of Charlotte’s 2010 Top 50 Entrepreneurs by Charlotte Business Leader Magazine.
The entire Koch family enjoys a variety of extracurricular activities including sports, hiking, and golf. Cody and Jessie enjoy following the other boys around, going on hikes, car rides, and taking (only so they can be chased!) TV remote controls. To date, Cody and Jessie have chewed up over 58 remotes…and counting!
For My Labrador
In times of inconvenience,
In moments of dismay,
These things begin to come at me, and I run away
Faster, faster, than all of these things,
To something blacker than the darkest depths of the deepest seas.
His love is a wagging tail that never fails,
To bring a smile to my face.
He runs all over the place, energy never ending,
His love, compassion, and licks to my face are heart mending.
During the long, endless, and eventful summer days,
A spray of icy water sends him off in a haze,
Through the grass, and under the deck,
I look back just to double check,
As I watch him merrily trot, the mud on his body left no spot.
Alex Koch, 15